The Grand Valley Public Library (GVPL) aka the Orwell Library Association located in Orwell Village.
For general information, to renew or request materials please call: (440) 437-6545
The GVPL is open:
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The GVPL provides services at no charge to all residents living within the Grand Valley Public Library's service area.
Our friendly and professional staff is eager to help you. Welcome to the Grand Valley Public Library!
Our Mission Statement
Our Vision Statement
The vision of the Grand Valley Public Library is to:
- Provide creative programming and services reflecting the mission of our organization
- Be a gathering center for life-long learning, discovery, and community activity
- Connect people and resources
- Serve the public in a friendly, responsive, knowledgeable, and customer-oriented manner
- The Grand Valley Public Library will support our mission by:
- Providing individuals the opportunity to become lifelong learners: informed, literate, educated and culturally enriched
- Connecting people with information and knowledge by assisting them in identifying and using resources effectively
- Valuing diversity and reflecting that diversity in our programs, services and collection
- Protecting each individual’s privacy and confidentiality when using the library’s resources and services
- Affirming the responsibility and right of parents and guardians to guide their own children’s use of library services and resources
- Contributing to the preservation of our democratic society by making available the widest possible range of viewpoints, opinions and ideas
- Creating a cooperative venture with Grand Valley High School
This mission statement, vision statement, and goals were accepted and adopted by The Grand Valley Public Library (aka Orwell Library Association) Board August 2011.